Last Saturday, I had the priviledge of attending one of my new castmate's cabaret shows. Lauren Possee, who will be playing Valerie/Sally Swims-A-Lot, did a cabaret at the Laurie Beechman Theatre at the West Bank Cafe. It was fabulous and I can't wait to work with her on Max & Ruby. Seeing someone up there doing their own show was very inspiring to me since I've been thinking of putting together a cabaret myself for a while now. I've been brainstorming what songs I'd do, themes I might choose to go with, etc... I'd even have a built in audience with all the theatre students at Circle in the Square who would come, and Charles' family who live close enough to come. Being the perfectionist that I am, I really want to do it right, especially for my first solo cabaret. So I will continue brainstorming and hopefully I will get something together in the next year. That is my goal. I'm making it official. You heard it here first!
In other Max and Ruby news, we have a new Max! Several weeks ago an email was sent out to the cast and from that email we were finally able to see each others names. Of course, we all had to Google each other and find each other on Facebook to see who we would be working with. The only person in the cast that I wasn't able to find out about and add as a Facebook friend was the person who was going to be playing Max. Fast forward to last week when several emails were sent out to the cast that mysteriously did not have this guy included on them. I have no idea what happened and why he is now not in the show.
So on Friday I got a Facebook message from this guy named Brian Cheng who is one of my Facebook friends and who I know through my good friend Seth Sikes who went to Circle in the Square Theatre School with me. We have met a number of times at Seth's parties, but we've never really had the chance to get to know each other. His message asked me if I was going on the spring tour of Max and Ruby because if I was he might be joining me. Of course I messaged him right back asking what was up. It turns out he auditioned, was cast, fitted for costumes, and got his script and score all in one day! Talk about a whirlwind! I am looking forward to getting to know Brian finally after several years of acquaintance status.
Tomorrow I have another costume fitting. The last time I went in they measure me. This time I will actually be trying things on. I'm hoping they'll be ok with me taking some pictures. If they are, I will post them here for all to enjoy...as long as you promise not to make fun of them!
Until we meet again.
December 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment