Well, it's official! I've signed the contract for Max and Ruby. I was cast way back in August, so it's been an awfully long wait. I had a 12:30 appointment to come in and do the paperwork: tax forms, direct deposit, etc... Tomorrow, I'm going to be taking the contract over to Actor's Equity to join the union. I'm pretty excited about this since it will mean I'm legitimate in someone's eyes. Maybe my own.
In addition to the contract, I had to sign a standard rider where I agree that they can use my name and picture in any promotional materials for 3 years. I also agreed to travel by air, if necessary and perform stage fights, if necessary. I doubt I will ever have to be doing any stage fights since it's not that kind of show, but I sort of wish I could put my stage combat training to use!
The most exciting part of my day was meeting one of my fellow cast members. Her name is Colleen Lis and she is going to be playing Ruby. I met her at the offices of TheatreWorks USA. She was there to sign her contract at the same time that I was. She seemed very nice from all the five minutes that we saw each other. This afternoon, when I got back to work, we friended each other on Facebook. She is a regular Nancy Drew and has done some sleuthing online. From this she was able to assemble a tentative schedule based on the information she found on various venues websites. She sent it to me on Facebook and I will post it here for you to peruse. I will put it in a separate posting so that it is easy to find should you return to look at it again. Things can change of course, since this is not the official schedule from TheatreWorks USA, but it's exciting to see where we are potentially headed.
The two most exciting places to me (besides the venues where I will see my family and friends, obviously) are the Dixie Carter Performing Arts Center in Huntingdon, TN (because she is my favorite of the Designing Women) and The Grand Opera House in Oshkosh, WI (because it's Osh Kosh B'Gosh territory, my favorite brand of overalls).
The next time I have to go to the TheatreWorks USA office, it will be for my costume fitting on December 19th. The first day of rehearsal is December 29th and our first performance is January 13th.
Let the adventure begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment