December 30, 2008

Rehearsal: Day 2

OK, so I just woke up after falling asleep on the couch watching CNN. Rehearsal is exhausting! Today was very productive. We rehearsed the music for the first couple of hours of the day. I still have things to brush up on, but I managed to work a lot of kinks out of the music from my practicing it last night at home by myself. It felt good to have made some progress on that front.

After music rehearsal, we met our director Tracy who I had initially met at my auditions. She is very professional and fun to work with. She has a great sense of humor! We did a read/sing through for her and it was interesting to hear the show in our own voices and kind of get an idea of what it's going to be like.

I went to lunch with several members of the cast again. I have to mention again how great the cast is! Everyone is so nice and has a great take on their characters already.

After lunch, we began blocking the first number of the show. Although it's not dance heavy, there is a lot of blocking and crosses back and forth and choreographing where everyone is supposed to be so that we don't run into each other. It was a little mind boggling at first trying to remember where to go and what to do when especially when we tried to combine the singing with the movement. By the end of rehearsal it was beginning to feel more natural. There is one section where we do a kick line which really gets my heart rate up for a minute. I'm going to have to get my body used to doing that and being able to have enough breath to continue to sing! I know from previous shows that eventually I will know how to pace myself for the song so I don't get out of breath. Until then, I huff and puff!

Tomorrow morning we are loading in our set which is supposed to be huge. Then, in the afternoon, we're reviewing what we did today and moving onto new scenes and songs. Lots of fun....totally exhausting. Off to bed now!

No comments: