Today was the first day of rehearsal for Max and Ruby! The adventure begins...
We began our day with an Equity meeting to discuss things like who to contact if we have issues, how to sign up for a 401-k and how many weeks you have to work to be eligible for health insurance. All I can say is thank goodness that I have health insurance already. You have to work 12 weeks on an Equity contract to qualify for 6 months of care and 20 weeks on an Equity contract to qualify for 1 year of care. Plus there's all this adding up of weeks and how long the weeks are qualified to be used...It's a complicated system that I won't get into here!
We spent the rest of the day learning the music which involves a lot of syncopation and some tight harmonies. The music is really cute and has lots of different styles. There is a song that is sort of jazzy, one that is country, an anthem... I can't wait until we really have it all down. It's going to be great.
The cast had lunch together which was a lot of fun. We all have a lot of favorite t.v. shows in common...well, except Lauren who confessed to being a fan of The Bachelor! And we have big plans to try to be healthy on the tour. Colleen has some workout DVD she's bringing with her called Walking It Home with ________. (I can't remember the name of the workout lady!) Supposedly, by the end of the DVD you've walked the equivalent of 3 miles. Everyone is so nice and I think we're going to have a lot of fun together. As soon as I can I will try to introduce you to my castmates. I know you will think they are as fabulous as I do!
I better review the music again and then I'm going to hit the sack. 6 hours of singing can really take it out of you!
December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment