When we last left off, we had just survived a Lockdown in Spindale, NC and were headed to my Mom's house for the evening...
The drive to Hendersonville was beautiful and blessedly short. It only took us between 30-45 minutes and it is a great scenic drive so everyone got to take in the mountains. I was proud to call it my home. We arrived at home and were greeted by my Mom and grandmother "Tutu". Once we were settled in, we began preparations for dinner. We rarely get to have a home cooked meal so my Mom had gotten the items I'd requested for us to make a dinner of pasta with vegetables and grilled chicken, salad, and bread. Oh, and I can't forget the wine! My Mom was in a show at the Hendersonville Little Theatre and had arranged for us to have tickets to go see it that night so during dinner prep, I ran off to drive her to the theatre. I needed the car to be able to drive Tutu to the theatre later since we are not allowed to have non-Theatreworks employees in the van (and even if we were she'd never be able to get in the van because it's so high up). I rushed back only stopping to grab some flowers for my Mom, and scarfed down some dinner. My Dad and Pat were at the house when I arrived, having stopped there to drop off Pat's ice cream pie she made for us for after the show that night. Before we knew it, it was time to head to the theatre. As soon as we got there I realized that I had forgotten the tickets in my other jeans pocket even though Mom had told me to remember they were there in case I decided to change clothes before the show. Luckily, one of my Mom's friends was the first person I saw when I walked in and she was in charge so she knew exactly where we were supposed to sit. Crisis averted!
The show, The Kitchen Witches, is a light comedy about two women who each have there own cooking shows on public access, and are sworn enemies. Fate brings them together to do a cooking show for two. Crazy antics ensue! My Mom was delightful and cracked me up on some of her one liners. Also, she got to dress as Scarlett O'Hara at one point which was really funny. Anyway, there is a point in the play where they look for a male volunteer to come up and taste each of their desserts to decided whose is better. Joe, my friend who was in the play, comes out to the audience and asks different men if they like dessert. Well, oddly enough, no one in this audience liked dessert! Weird, huh? So I gently raised Brian's arm for him:) Brian heads up to the stage only to be told that he'll have to wear a big plastic cape.... This wasn't going to be clean.... Then he's told he'll have 30 seconds to taste all 8 desserts.... Then he's told he has to keep his hand under the cape.... Uh, oh! Brian won't be feeding himself. It was HILARIOUS! I was crying I was laughing so hard. After all the desserts, he had to choose a winner and was told he couldn't pick both of them. I heard Shelley say "He better pick Virginia's mom". Of course he did, but he was very polite about it saying that he picked her because she'd named one of her desserts after him, calling it a Brian's Bite. Shelley took some pictures and they are on her blog so you should check them out! http://urbanoutwitter.blogspot.com/2009/03/kitchen-witches.html
After the show, we headed back home where some of the theatre folks joined us, along with my Dad and Pat. We all ate some snacks, had Pat's ice cream pie, had some drinks, and played a highly entertaining game of celebrity. It was so much fun!
The next morning, we got up and Mom and I made everyone omelets, and we had yogurt and berries, and turkey bacon. Best breakfast ever! I was sad we had to hit the road because I would have liked some more time with family and also they opportunity to show everyone downtown Hendersonville. Oh, well.
Next up was Madison, GA and once again, I am too tired to continue. This is an insanely busy week for us with performances and lots of driving to the next town as soon as we load out. Blah. I will continue this blogging thing tomorrow, when hopefully I will have enough energy to get completely caught up with the present day. I am currently about 4 days behind.
Until then...
March 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment