After the shows, we drove to Orlando...only for the night. Boo! I really wanted to go to Disney for a day but it was not to be. Instead, Josh, Brian, Liz and I drove to Universal Studios City Walk where we had dinner before hitting the sack. We ate at a nice restaurant called The Latin Quarter where we had a great time and left completely stuffed.
Here I am with Josh at The Latin Quarter.
Table dancing at The Latin Quarter.
On the drive back to the hotel after dinner, Brian showed off his robot moves.
The next morning, we to Tampa to do two shows at the beautiful Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. The space was nice but we did have an issue when our monitor cut out in the middle of a scene and didn't come back on until we were halfway through Tarantula. Since we could only hear the music coming out of the house speakers it was incredibly difficult to hear anything. When the monitor finally came back on, it was blasting soooo loud. But I'd rather have it be way to loud than impossible to hear any day.
After the Tampa show, we drove to New Port Richey FL. Yes, it was a travel...do two shows...then travel again day. Those don't happen very often and it's a good thing. They are very tiring.
The next day in New Port Richey we had a day off! So everyone except for Josh headed to Clearwater to go to the beach. We had a nice day.
My roommate Liz. I went with my natural wavy hair that day since we were at the beach. This is us at our wonderful seafood lunch at Crabby's.
Brian and Lauren at Crabby's.
The view from our lunch table.
We stopped in a beach shop and Brian tried on some of the merchandise.
A couple of us rented an umbrella and chairs. This is the view from my chair.
The view of my feet from my chair.
The view of my feet in the water.
Brian wrote his name in Chinese in the sand.
Beautiful Clearwater Beach, FL.
This morning we had two shows at a high school in New Port Richey. The provided snacks for us from their cafeteria and bottled water, and the people who worked in the theatre were very nice and helpful. After load out, we drove to Gainesville for the night and tomorrow we head to Myrtle Beach, SC where we will spend two nights at Liz's parents time share. Yeah! We will have access to free laundry and a kitchen! We plan on watching Shag the movie on the second night and preparing a family dinner together.
We are all tired and looking forward to being home. Touring is difficult in many ways. First of all, you are with your coworkers 24/7. Even if you like the people that is a lot of time. You also have to be used to carting your stuff around all the time and never feeling like you have a home. It's been a great experience and I'm glad I had the opportunity to do this before I have children and it's harder to be on the road for so long. I've learned so much and I've made some good friends. But I have to say it would be much easier and more enjoyable if you didn't have to load in/out and build the set everyday.
We're heading into the final leg of the tour...
Bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment