March 2, 2009

Just Chillin'

This is a sign we passed on the way to Ogdensburg. I really have to brush up on my geography.


We are on our third out of three nights in Ogdensburg, NY where I can actually see Canada across the river behind our hotel. Well, I should clarify...it's not actually a hotel, it's a motel resort. Yes, The Stone Fence Motel Resort. Have you ever heard of a motel resort? Me neither. I guess it's a hotel in the sense that our room doors open to an indoor hallway, but there are some rooms that don't making it a motel. Some of the rooms look more like cabins from the outside even though they are connected to each other and there is a separate fitness/game room (which I hear is pretty lame...it was too cold to go down there and see for myself), I guess qualifying it for resort status. Who knows?

It's colder here than I've ever experienced, by the way. We got here on Saturday evening and settled in to hibernate because we were all so exhausted and it's so cold you don't want to go anywhere anyway. I don't understand how people live like this! And they don't even have a mall or even a movie theatre that's open on a weeknight to enjoy. I'd go nuts. Yesterday, I briefly left the motel resort to do my laundry so I wouldn't be forced to wear short sleeved shirts, but other than that it was all hibernation all the time.

Today we had two shows at Ogdensburg Free Academy, a high school where they bused in elementary children to see the show. Both shows went really well and the only bad thing I can say about the day is that it was sooo cold making loading in and out the set was freezing.

After the shows, I returned to the hotel to hibernate some more. I took an extra long nap since I have been experiencing some Post Nasal Drip and don't feel top notch. Then I went to the grocery store to restock on some of my on the road staples: instant oatmeal, jello cups with fruit, and soup. I also splurged and got a Mrs. Fields chipwich (two cookies with vanilla ice cream in between...one of my favorite treats) to eat during our group viewing of The Bachelor Season Finale. It's supposed to be the most emotional and shocking Bachelor ever! I've never been a Bachelor watcher, but on the road you have to find things to keep you entertained and give you something to look forward to. Partly, it helps you keep track of what day it is.

Tomorrow is going to be tough. We have to drive an hour at the crack of dawn to Gouverneur, NY, load in, do two performances, load out, and drive two hours to Oswego, NY.


Hope all is well with everyone. Please send me emails or comments! I love to hear who is reading!!!!

No comments: