Happy New Year to all my readers out there! I hope everyone had a great time last night. My night was...well, it was just another day. We had rehearsal until 6 and Charles had to work last night until after midnight so it was just me. It was going to be just me and a $10 bottle of wine that I purchased on the way home but I managed to drop that in the subway station. All I could do was yell "Happy New Year" to everyone and just laugh. I got home and found a small bottle of Champagne we had sitting around so I put it in the fridge to chill thinking I'd just have a solitary toast to the beginning of 2009, but I never ended up drinking it. Instead, I fell asleep on the couch for about two hours while watching the year in review on CNN. When I woke up at 11 and realized I'd never had dinner, I popped a Kashi frozen dinner in the microwave and settled in to watch Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin ring in the New Year in Times Square, a place you'll never find me on New Year's Eve. Plus, it was absolutely freezing last night and I think anyone who was there was nuts. Even Bill and Hillary.
Today I've spent the day catching up on laundry and trying to rest without much success. I'm not sleeping well lately because of all I have going on in on top of the fact that Charles and I are on totally opposite schedules since he's on the evening shift now. He doesn't get home until about 1:15am and by then I'm already in bed. When I get up and head out for rehearsal around 9am he's still asleep. Strangers in the night... All in all, even though it stinks, it's probably good preparation for the fact that we're about to be separated while I'm on the road. The good news is I'm having a great time in rehearsals and can't believe I'm actually getting paid to do something so fun!
I've been wanting to do some introductions so you'll have a face to put with a name when I mention someone. Later, I'll try to get some pictures of us at rehearsal too. So in alphabetical order, please meet:
Brian Cheng
Role(s): Max
Colleen Lis
Role(s): Ruby

Josh Mesnik
Role(s): Mr. Barley (the town grocer), Gracie (a bunny scout...yes, he plays a girl!), and the Alien Green Gorilla
Mara Mindell
Role(s): Candi (the mail carrier), Louise (a bunny scout), and an Electric Eel
Lauren Possee
Role(s): Mrs. Huffington (a mom who carries a cute bunny baby), Valerie (a bunny scout), and Sally Swims-A-Lot (a doll that wears a swimming ensemble)
That's all for now. I've got some choreography to review!




2 comments:
Oh Crap!
Just looked at your schedule to make sure I marked it on my calendar and see that I am already scheduled to be in a training course on the 18th....will need to figure out whether I can juggle things to make sure I'm there!
Good to talk to you last night....
Love Ann Tashell
Hello to the cast. So nice to meet you! The whole rehearal thing sounds so exhausing and exhilarating at the same time. Can't wait to see you do this in person.
XXOO
YLMC
Post a Comment