Currently we are in Nashville, TN where we elected to re-route our days off. Originally we were scheduled to spend our two days off in a a row (very rare!) in Somerset, KY. Instead we cam to Nashville on Friday night and head to Somerset on Monday.
When we arrived on Friday night, we immediately made our usual stop at a super store, in this case a Target. Most of us all grabbed dinner to bring back and eat in our hotel rooms since we wanted to relax.
We are staying at a Hyatt Place hotel in the Brentwood section of Nashville and it is sooo nice. Each room is divided with a sitting room with a couch that pulls out, an ottoman, and a huge flat screen TV that can be tilted to be viewed in either area of the room/mini suite. That on top of free wireless and free breakfast makes us very happy. Plus, I know I've mentioned it before, but to stay someplace more than one night feels good when you're living a vagabond life as we are. To stay somewhere three nights feels like home.
We spent Friday evening playing a card game called Spoons and our favorite game called Celebrity. I'd like to send a shout out to my family and say that I miss playing Celebrity with you!!! Nothing is better than some Tanqueray and tonic, a game of Celebrity, and my family.
Saturday we had to get the vans serviced. Shelley needed three of us to go with her so we drew names for it. As luck would have it, Colleen, Brian and I were picked to go. We agreed as a cast that the next time the vans have to be serviced, the other three cast members who didn't go this time will get their turn. After our adventure to Nashville Dodge, we headed back to the hotel for some late lunch a little relaxation. That night, we headed out on the town!
Lauren, Colleen, Brian and I went out for BBQ at a great restaurant called Jim N' Nick's. It was sooo good. They served cheese biscuits with this honey butter on the side and we orders some onion rings for the table. I had the pulled pork BBQ with cole slaw and mac n' cheese. YUM!
After dinner we went to a gay bar called Tribe. Brian had really been wanting to go to one...however I think having three ladies with him may have inhibited people from coming over to him. We had a good time and headed back to the hotel around 11pm.
Today Colleen, Brian, Josh and I headed into town to play tourists. I haven't mentioned Mara or Shelley much this post because unfortunately Mara is not feeling well and has spent the whole weekend resting in the hotel, and Shelley had family in Nashville and spent most of Saturday and part of Sunday with them. Anyway, Josh and Brian wanted to go to the Opryland hotel which is across the river, so they dropped us girls off downtown. Apparently Opryland is basically a Vegas type hotel which has lots of shops and restaurants and an indoor river with a riverboat. There used to be a theme park there, but it no longer exists. The new Grand Old Opry theatre was over where they went, but I haven't heard yet if they got to see it. Colleen and I took a tour of the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum which was great! Then we headed over to Ryman Auditorium which housed the Grand Old Opry from the 40's through the 70's and is the most well known location to house the Opry. After some tourist gift shops and a nice lunch at a pita place, the boys picked us up and we headed back to the hotel. Tonight we're relaxing in luxurious suites and tomorrow we head to Somerset, Kentucky where there has been a lot of ice damage from the ice storms a couple of weeks ago.
And now...pictures from our Nashville adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment