
Tomorrow is our final dress rehearsal. Oh. My. God. I can't believe we're about to hit the road already! The thing is, I think we're ready. This bird is ready to leave the nest. It doesn't seem real though that I'm about to go into more than a month of not seeing Charles. He had the weekend off, so he spent all my off time with me, which turned out to be more time than I originally thought. We were scheduled to be in rehearsal on Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm but our director let us have significantly shortened days because we didn't need that much rehearsal time. Yesterday we were in rehearsal from 10:30-3 so I was able to get some errands done and then Charles and I went to dinner and saw In The Heights on Broadway. Today we had rehearsal from 4 to around 7:30. Tonight was our first dress rehearsal for a small audience. We were allowed to invite 1-2 people max (the studio is small) to come and watch. I'm glad we got that out of the way... the first time for people is always a little weird. Especially when it's a kids show and everyone there is an adult! Tomorrow morning is our final dress rehearsal. Charles is coming to that one and I can't wait for him to see our little show. I'm very proud of what we're doing and I'm so excited to get out there and do the show for some tiny tots who will totally be enamored with Max and Ruby coming to life right before their eyes. After the final dress rehearsal we get notes from our Director and then, after lunch, we have to dismantle our set and load it into the van.
I'm very tired and need to hit the sack to rest up for tomorrow so I will leave you with some pictures I've taken over the past day or two. Enjoy!

Self Portrait
Colleen, Mara and Brian

Lauren and Josh

Shelley (She was on the ground to take the picture at the top of this entry!)

The stage right side of the set.

The drops behind the set.

The stage right prop table.

The arms, head, and a leg of the scary Blue Tarantula!

My Lobster costume resting in its' box. There is a wind-up key on the back because the Lobster is a wind-up toy. If you look at the back of the box you can see the claws and my hat that had the eyes and antenna attached.

Colleen trying on my Lobster claws.

Lauren (aka Mrs. Huffington) and her freaky bunny baby!

Looks harmless enough, but you don't want to run into this bunny baby in a dark alley.

The bunny huddle.
Colleen attempts to make a phone call on her water bottle. Silly bunny.

Brian works his pink flashlight.
No comments:
Post a Comment