January 14, 2009

There's So Much To Do In Lumberton

Ah, America. The thrill of the open road. The excitement of what this country has in store for you. Lumberton, NC doesn't have much, it turns out.


So we hit the road yesterday morning at 7:30am. It was freezing and early, not my favorite combo. We have two vans, a cargo van which two people are required to ride in, and a passenger van which the other five people ride in. The passenger van is huge and can seat about 10 people and all of our luggage. The cargo van is also huge and holds our set and props. We are all taking turns driving which is nice so that no one gets stuck with it all the time. Yesterday I rode in the passenger van and slept a lot of the way. I was exhausted because I only got about 3 hours of sleep the night before between packing anxiety and waiting up for Charles to get home from work.


Colleen (Ruby) outside the Ruby Tuesday where we had lunch our first travel day.


We stopped in Richmond, VA for the night and stayed at a Red Roof Inn which was adequate, though it didn't have a hairdryer so I'm glad I brought mine. Today we drove to Lumberton, NC which is where I sit now, in a town with little to do, but blessedly with free internet access.


We got here around 1:30, checked into the HoJo and split up to eat lunch. Some of us took the van to the Sonic which had a Bojangles next to it which satisfied everyone in the van. Josh has been talking non-stop about Bojangles Bo-Berry Biscuits and had to get one. It's a real biscuit (as opposed to a non-homemade one) with blueberries in it and covered in icing. I had a pinch off of his and it was delicious, but not my idea of lunch. Now we are chilling in the hotel and we might take a walk to K-mart across the street. I don't need anything but the walk and getting out of the room sounds nice.


Tomorrow morning is our first show and it will be at UNC-Pembroke. I can't wait to do the show for some children. So far we've only done it for adults. Blah. After the show, we are driving to Winston-Salem, NC. We have two morning shows and an evening show on Friday and one morning show on Saturday. My uncle Robert and Amy are coming to the Friday @ noon show and my sister Jordan and Misty are coming to the Friday @ 7pm show. I can't wait to see them!!!

OK, I'm off to K-mart. Exciting, huh?



No comments: