January 30, 2009

Some People Are Allergic...

So last night's show in Hammond, LA was the Pajama Party show. The kids all came with their parents in their pajamas and after the show they were served milk and cookies in the lobby. It was super cute and the show had amazing energy. It was a combination of the pajamas, the fact that it was an evening show which is different for us, and the fact that the people at the theatre were lovely. It makes such a difference when the people there are positive. We enjoy having help loading things in, but it only really helps when the people have a positive attitude and go with our flow...the Max and Ruby flow. We know exactly where everything has to be set on the stage in order to start assembling the set and when people start to try to do it their own way, it only slows us down. Once everything is on the stage, if people are their to help us at that point all we need them to do is stand there and be ready in case we need something. If they try to be too helpful it becomes...not helpful. Anyway, the crew at the Columbia Theatre in Hammond, LA were super helpful, energetic, positive, etc...I wish we had more than one performance there. It also didn't hurt that they had lots of fruit, cookies, water bottles, and a variety of tea in the green room for us. We love free food! After the show when we were loading out, one of the theatre managers came up on stage in her pajamas and brought us each a cookie and a tiny bottle of milk. They were delish!


The green room at the Columbia Theatre stocked with goodies.




The Columbia Theatre was built in the 20's as a house for silent movies. It then became a vaudeville theatre. Now it's completely modernized and really nice.


Since we were in Louisiana, we had been seeing these King Cakes everywhere we went. They are the traditional cake that people eat during Mardi Gras. I have no idea when Mardi Gras happens this year. I couldn't tell if there were a ton of them around because it was coming up, or for out-of-towners like us. We didn't end up trying one because they look pretty gross to be honest. They were colored green and purple, the traditional Mardi Gras colors. Anyway, seeing all the cakes around leads me to today's quote.

Quote of the Day:
Josh - You know King Cakes have a little tiny plastic baby Jesus inside them.
Lauren - They do?
Josh - Yeah. I was disappointed when I looked at the list of ingredients and it didn't list "little tiny plastic baby Jesus" as an ingredient.
Lauren - It really should. Some people could be allergic to little tiny plastic baby Jesus.

Tonight we are staying in Birmingham, AL at a Hilton! I love Hilton. They are nice hotels and when Charles and I were on our honeymoon we stayed at several Hiltons and received upgrades for being newlyweds. The only thing I'd change is that I'd put free wireless Internet in the rooms (it costs $10 to hook up which is why I'm writing this from the Hilton Business Center where it's free) and I'd put a mini-fridge/microwave in the room. Other than that it is terrific. Since I'm more motivated by a luxurious gym, I worked out as soon as I got here. Then I enjoyed a lovely overpriced dinner at the restaurant downstairs and this evening I plan on catching up on some paperwork (I'm the elected Equity deputy for our cast so I have to keep reports on our hours and breaks, etc...) and then I might settle into bed with a book. I'd watch a movie on my Netflix account, but you have to have Internet to do that:)

Tomorrow we drive to Dalton, GA. I think. What day is it? What time zone are we in?

No comments: