January 20, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Night two in Clewiston. Blah. Get me out of here. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a boring town without even a movie theatre that is open on weeknights, but we're in the crappy hotel that is the Clewiston Motor Inn.

The shows this morning went well. The second audience was a bit too old for the show. Only by a year or two, but it made them a little too cool for school.

Our show board. It sits in the lobbies of the theatres in case they don't do programs, which most haven't so far.
The Dolly Hand Cultural Center in Belle Glade, FL. The space was so much nicer than the town.

The cast doing a singing warm-up.

After the shows, we drove back to our hotel and had some lunch in our rooms. We tried to catch some of the recap of the inauguration today which we missed. Then we took a walk to the liquor store for something to do later. I bought a jug of Sangria with Mara and Colleen.

After a long hour and forty five minute nap, we took a trip to the Wal-Mart again. We thought we might buy a board game, but it turns out they are expensive. So we didn't end up buying a game. Instead we bought some snacks and I bought a holder for my ipod that allows it to rest on the dashboard while driving. Very useful.
Josh and Mara check out the expensive games.

She says she's one of a kind, but look what I found...

Exactly the same!


As soon as we were about to pull into the hotel I noticed a Hawaiian Shave Ice stand which I thought might be like what Charles and I had in Hawaii on our honeymoon. I got very excited, but it turns out it was more of a normal icee. It was good, but not nearly as good as the kind in Hawaii.

Dinner was in the room. A Lean Cuisine to be precise. Then we headed to the other hotel room to drink our drinks and play Balderdash. I lost. I apparently suck at it when I've had several cups of Sangria. Blah.

Two more shows in the morning and then we move on to St. Petersberg for a night and then next to Fort Lauderdale for several days including a day off! YEAH! And we're staying at Josh's family's condo for free so we will be able to save our per Diem money and maybe go out for a nice dinner.

Now...to bed.

No comments: