January 29, 2009

Know When To Hold 'Em

Here we are in Biloxi, MS, a town deeply affected by Hurricane Katrina. As we drove to our hotel that is also a casino, we were able to see some of the distruction which is so sad. On a happier note, the casinos that are up and running are all very nice and in great shape.

We are staying at the Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino. It is very nice, although a little on the loud side in terms of the decorating. Our room has bright yellow drapes, a red border around the ceiling, and yet modestly muted colors in the throw pillows on the bed. It doesn't make sense. It's like Martha Stewart and Bozo the Clown got together for a decorating challenge on one of those decorating shows. One great thing is that the comforter was white. Why is that great, you ask? Because you can always tell if a white comforter is clean!

Last night when we arrived, Mara and I promptly hit the gym. I have probably gained about 15 pounds in the past year from nothing more than eating whatever the hell I wanted. It didn't help that I went on a two week honeymoon full of food followed by the holidays which were full of food...this propelled me into my year of eating and I'm trying to get back to normal. I don't want to totally restrict my eating when I'm on tour so I'm going to try to be good a majority of the time and try to get in some exercise outside of the show. Also, I'm hoping the fat suit I wear will help me sweat off a few pounds:)

Being a New York Sports Club member, I am slightly spoiled when it comes to gyms and this one didn't disappoint. It was moderate in size, but all the cardio machines had personal tvs you could plug into just like at NYSC. I felt like I was at home! I did my usual thing when I work out in the early evening and watched CNN while I did the eliptical. I like multi-tasking and what's better than staying abreast of current events while getting in some cardio? After 30 minutes on the machine followed by a 5 minute cool down, I hit some of the weight machines so that I would feel the burn today. I like feeling it the next day so I can tell I did something.

After the workout, what did we do? We took quick showers and headed to the $11 all you can eat buffet! Nothing was spectacular so although I ate plenty, it could have been worse if the food had been fabulous. After dinner Lauren, Brian and I headed up to my room to watch Lost...all I can say is Holy Crap it's getting good. I don't know how I'll make it until next Wednesday to find out what will happen next. After Lost Lauren and Brian headed to the slots and I put on my pj's to settle in with the episode of Brothers and Sisters I hadn't seen yet and then fall soundly asleep.

This morning I hit the gym again (Yeah! I'm more motivated when there's a good gym around!) and then got an oatmeal and tea at the Starbucks in our hotel. At noon (we're on Central Time now) I'm heading back to the Starbucks for a coffee or something for the road. TheatreWorksUSA is treating us. They give Shelley money which she can occasionaly use to treat us for things which is really nice:)

We leave at 12:30 to hit the road for Hammond, LA where tonight we have a 7pm performance which....get this...is a pajama party. The theatre is having all these kids show up in the pj's to watch the show and afterwards they get served milk and cookies. How cute is that????

Quote of the Day: Lauren - "Did we get the hour back?" (asked as we drove through Alabama an hour or so after we went from Eastern Standard Time to Central Standard Time)
Some pictures for you to enjoy:
I didn't realize Huddle House was so religious. Maybe it's just the one in Alma, GA?
A Ford dealership in Alma completely out of business because of the economy and the auto industry's failure to produce cars as efficiently/eco-conscious as Japan.
A gas station on the way to Biloxi, MS.

Josh likes to ignore signs:)

PS: My spell check didn't find any mistakes today. I didn't believe it so I pushed the button 5 or 6 times to make sure it wasn't broken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's broken

dEstruction

Go Heels!